The new Callan Park Master Plan is available here…
The following is a summary of where we are at with a City farm at Callan Park
• The Master Plan was approved on 21 July, 2011
• It has been sent to the NSW Minister for Planning for approval and funding
• Itʼs believed that the fight for approval and funding is dependent on state gov. agreeing to increase mental health spending as that is the only way solid funding is likely to flow.
• There’s no sign of that happening in the near future and Itʼs believed it will be a very hard and political fight.
• At present Leichhardt council holds the lease and will continue to hold it (mainly to maintain and set up sporting fields) until a trust is set in place – based on the Centennial Park Trust – to manage the site.
Come To A Party – Sydney Park turns 21!!
To mark the 21st Birthday of Sydney Park, City of Sydney Council is holding a party to celebrate the park’s past/ present and future and we’re all invited
21st B'day at Sydney Park
View the full invite…
It will be on Saturday 11th February from 2-4pm
at the Village Green (just near the playground and kiosk) in Sydney Park St Peters
- As part of the vision for the future of Sydney Park, will be there with a stall to inspire people about the planned City Farm
- Lord Mayor, Clover Moore will speak
- There’ll be refreshments including cupcakes and some fun entertainment including a jumping castle for kids
City of Sydney website for more details
City of Sydney Council is taking the next step in establishing a City Farm and inviting people to apply to join their new City Farm Advisory Group.
You could apply to be on the City Farm Advisory Group – it closes February 17th
If you are committed to creating a working City Farm in Sydney Park and have experience, qualifications or knowledge in
- Urban agriculture
- Environment education
- Community engagement on sustainability issues
Why not consider applying to be one of the four community representatives on the volunteer Advisory Group that will meet monthly to steer the development of the City Farm with City of Sydney Council and the Powerhouse Museum.
Applications close on Friday Feb 17 – and all the information is available from the Council’s site here: http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/Residents/ParksAndLeisure/CommunityGardens/SydneyCityFarm.asp